The Library is an integral part of college. The library has a crucial role in supporting
higher education as well as research activities; it has assumed great importance
& new dimension today in the context of the phenomenal growth of knowledge. The
college has an independent wing for the library with carpet area and measuring about
2400 sq. feet. There is a separate reading room, a computer centre with Main library
on the 2nd floor of the college. Library has a book issuing counter, a small cabin
for librarian, stack for books and journal, a Reference section & a seating arrangement
for 50 students. Library timings are 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on all weekdays. Library
is managed by Mr. Ram Dalvi, M.Sc (Lib Sci). A library committee has been formed
to formulate rules for book policy, library budget, Rules & regulations for the
usage of library.
Library has an open access system that follows the abridged English edition of “Universal
Decimal Classification B.S.1000A, 1961” with the edition of” UDC 615 Pharmaceutics,
Therapeutics, Toxicology.” The library catalogue consists of an Author Card Index,
Title Card index, Journal, series Card Index and follows the AACR code for cataloguing.
Library collection includes Pharmaceutics, Pharm. Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognocy,
Pharmacy Management & related Subjects , Reference books like the USP, BP, IP, Martindale,
Merck Index, and Manuals etc. Library has a good collection of old Reference Books
& Bound Volumes of Journals. At present the library has a collection of 9250 books,
36 national & international Journals, 2740 bound back volumes of 88 journals, 4488
thesis in fields of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Pharmacognocy.
The library has a collection of 132 non book materials i.e. slides, cassettes, floppies,
CD's etc. The library also has a separate collection of Seminar Reports, training
reports prepared by students as well as reprints of publications by the BCP faculty.
In addition to UGC and supported by the Govt. the college management spends more
than one lakh supplies for different projects for the library. Total of 500 readers
are enlisted in the library register and on an average 150 students use the library
every day. Three books are issued to P.G. students and two books for U.G. for a
period of one week. Photo copying service is available to all at a nominal cost
at Photocopy centre situated on the 1st floor. Besides circulation of books & periodicals
the library staff is always ready to render reference services to readers. Recently
the library and its resources have been computerized & on-line access to the library
Apart from Staff & students the library is also used by the Staff of M.K.R. Drug
Testing & Training Laboratory & the staff of ACE. Library facilities are also being
availed by the pharmaceutical Industry, 60% of which is located in & around Mumbai,
Pune, Nasik, Aurangabad & Pharmacy institutions in the state of Maharashtra. The
International Journals are often referred by people engaged in the pharmaceutical
science from all parts of the country.
The challenges & opportunities in higher education, interdisciplinary studies, complex
information requirements, competitive environment in education, information explosion
due to rapid advances in science & Technology; as well as changing dimensions of
reference services due to introduction of Computer Technology, Networking, Multimedia,
CD-ROM, Online Services, Internet etc. resulted into complete change in the library
setting from the traditional way to a fully automated learning resource centre.
In spite of limited financial resources the college is trying to develop library
that are on par with the international standards .It is an endeavour of the college
management to keep the library well equipped to cater to the needs of staff & students.
1. Total Area in Sq. m: 265 sq.
2. Reading room Area in Sq. m: ?
3. Book Stack Area in Sq. m: ?
4. Mezzanine Floor for M. Pharm. Resources: ?
5. Mezzanine Floor for Ph. D. Resources: ?
6. Computer Lab Area for Net surfing, Multimedia and Language Lab:
7. Reprographic Facility area: ?
1. Current Annual Budget:
1. Library has two printers (Laser and Barcode)
2. Air Conditioners (09)
3. Fans (15)
4. Library Tables (12)
5. Seating Chairs for students (50)
6. Library Computers for Staff (03)
7. Computer Lab: Thin Client for Students (30)
8. Library Angle Racks (20 )
1. Working Hours: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30pm
2. Subject Standard Classification: UDC
3. Circulation Of Books: For UG 2 Books/ Week
4. Circulation Of Books: For PG 3 Books/ Week
5. Reference Services: Available
6. Reprographic Service: Available
7. Reservation Service
8. Internet Facility Service: Available
9. Library OPAC system: Available
Library collection mainly includes books/journals in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy, Chemistry,
Pharmacology, Pharmacognocy, Pharmacy Management & related subjects; Reference sources
like USP, BP, IP, Martindale, Merck Index, Manuals etc. Library has good collection
of old Reference Books & Bound Volumes of Journals. At present the Library has collection
of 10430 books, 36 national & international Journals, 2934 bound back volumes of
88 journals, 674 theses in the fields of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical
Chemistry & Pharmacognocy. The Library has a small collection of 132 non book materials
i.e. slides, cassettes, floppies, CD’s etc. the library also has separate collection
of Seminar Reports, training reports submitted by students from time to time, as
well as reprints of publications by BCP faculty.
1. No. Of Titles: 7143 titles
2. No. of Volumes: 10430 Books
3. Yearly Addition of Volumes (UG): 190
4. No. of Textbooks: 3777
5. No. of Reference Books : 858
6. No. of General Books : 5360
7. E-Books: E-books
8. Total no. of Reprints of Publ. BCP Staff: 405
9. Total no. of Audio-Video Materials: 197
• CD – ROM
• Question Papers
• E-Mail Reference
• Project Reports
The College has purchased “SLIM 21” Library software from Algorhythms Pvt. Ltd is
in progress. All entities related to books, journals, thesis, reports are all users
data. The Circulation system, data retrieval system, and OPAC system functioning
smoothly. In the next stage of automation, Bar-Code system has been initiated.
List of Printed Journals: 2013
International Printed Journals: 2013
1. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
2. Bulletin of Chemical Society of Japan
3. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
4. European Pharmaceutical Review
5. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology
6. Trends in Pharmacology
National Printed Journals: 2013
1. APTI BULLETIN
3. CHEMICAL WEEKLY
4. CURRENT SCIENCES
5. IDMA BULLETTIN
6. INDIAN JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BIOLOGY
7. INDIAN DRUGS
8. INDIAN JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE
9. INDIAN JOURNAL OF PHARMACOLOGY.
10. INDIAN JOURNAL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
11. INDIAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY:B
12. INDIAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY:B
13. INDIAN JOURNAL OF HOSPITAL PHARMACY
14. INDIAN SOCIETY OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
15. JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH
16. MIMS INDIA
17. PHARMA BIOWORLD
18. PHARMA REVIEW
19. PHARMA TIMES
I. ACS: 6 National Journals
II. N-list: (INFLIBNET) 151 national journals,
III. ELSEVIER (Science Direct online Journals) 70 International Journals
IV. Bentham (Global Information systems) 23 Pharmacy Journals
• Staff & Students of BCP, P. G. & Ph.D. Total: 560
• PG students from other colleges
• Staff from Pharmaceutical Industries
Library staff includes one Assistant Librarian (M. Phil. M. Lib. Sci. B.A.) and
one Library attendant. There is a library committee to decide policies budget, Rules
& regulations related to the working of the library.
This is the Pharmaceutical academic library with the “Universal Decimal Classification
B.S.1000A, 1961” with the edition of “UDC 615 Pharmaceutics, Therapeutics, Toxicology”
Library catalogue consists of Author Card Index, Title Card index, also journal,
and series card index & follows AACR- I code for cataloguing. Users can access library
data on the Library OPAC (On-Line Public Access Catalogue) using the Boolean search.
No. of Books in Subject Areas:
Math’s & Computer Sci.
Chemistry & allied areas
Pharmacology & Toxicology
Microbiology & Anatomy, Physiology
Total No. of Books
Loan of Books is through issuing cards. Undergraduate students are allowed to borrow
two books for a week, while PG students may borrow three books for a week. The books
have to be returned before the due date, failing to which fines are levied.
Audio visual facilities:
Besides the conventional print media, library also provides audio visual material
to its patrons like Slides & Recorded Cassettes, etc.
The library offers photocopying facilities to students & staff at a nominal cost.
Periodicals & Back Volumes:
The library has 35 National and International Journals & a fair collection of back
volumes for reference.
CD-ROM Information Facility:
The library also provides CD-ROM Information Facility to PG Students & faculty members.
1. Increasing the number of International E-Journals
2. Latest Books & Reference Sources
3. Latest Books on CD-ROMs
4. Digitization of library
5. Library data on College Website
Future of Library:
We are on the road of Digitalization of Library. It will help
• To collect ,store, organize & access information in digital form via a communication
• To meet requirements of patrons by providing better services.
• To provide personalized & retrospective in efficient way.
• To procure digitalized databases.
• To avoid routine jobs in the management of the library.
• To provide coherent view of all information within the library in a convenient
• To serve a widely dispersed communities through the network.
• To minimize massive storage & space problem associated with large libraries.
Online library catalogue through internet gives access to bibliographic record of
millions of books & details of holdings of academic & research libraries, E-journals
No. Of Titles:
No. of Volumes:
Addition of Volumes):
No. of Textbooks:
No. of Reference Books
No. of General Books
Total no. of Audio-Video Materials